Print

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Super Sunday: DIY Halloween Paper Crafts

Time to decorate for Halloween without breaking the bank.
Here are two simple paper crafts to get you into a "spoopy" mood.

What do I need?
You will need construction paper, a ruler, glue, scissors, tape, and twine.
A paper cutter and cutting mat are useful but are not necessary.

How do I make Halloween pennant banners?
First measure out a triangle.
I made mine 5x7 (5" along the top, 7" across each side).
Cut out your triangle according to where you marked your measurements.
Repeat this step and the one before for as many triangles as you want to make.
Decorate each triangle with paper cut outs and glue.
Feel free to use pens, markers, and glitter to deck out your pennants.
Tape each pennant onto a string or twine and string the whole piece across your door, window, or wall.
What a swaggie but super affordable decoration ;p

But I want more decorations! How do I make those creepy Victorian portraits?
Ah my friend, you mean cameos?
Yes! Those things, how do I make them?
Do not fret, friend, I will show you.
Print out a picture of a person's side profile. If you do not want to use your own, use a picture of your favorite celebrity or idol. I'm basing mine off of Robert Downey Jr. as Sherlock Holmes.
Cut out your image along the edge of the subject's profile.
RDJ looks like he's wearing a weird hat since I had to make up what the top of his head looks like.
Anyway, next cut out an oval from a piece of white construction paper. I folded my paper into fourths, so when I cut the edge off, the four sides were symmetrical.
Trace your image onto a piece of black paper. Cut out your tracing and glue it onto the white oval. Trim where needed.
Feel free to get creative about how you frame your cameo. Get as "creppy" as you'd like.

And Voilà
Hang them up for everyone to see.
We added some origami bats (thanks to Princess) to haunt our apartment.


Stay spoopy y'all!


Writer: Potato
Photographer: Princess & Potato
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment