Print

Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday Fashion: Blue Black Hair Tutorial

You'll be doin' all right, with your Christmas of white, but I'll have a blue, blue Christmas…
It's winter now and we know what it's like to want to change your look for the season. So if you're planning on going to a holiday party, a family together, or even if it's just for yourself, blue black hair is the way to go.
(Stay tuned for a tutorial on how to make the winter circlet I'm wearing!)
Here's my before picture. I had burgundy hair but you this tutorial will work with pretty much any warm colored hair. Be careful though if you have cool colored hair like a platinum blonde or ash brown. Blue black hair dye can turn your hair green!
For my blue black hair, I used L'Oréal Paris Féria in Starry Night (#21) and Splat in Blue Envy. The Féria dye is a really great blue black on its own, but to up the ante a little, I made my dye more blue. As for the blue dye, you can use anything from Manic Panic to Directions to Special Effects. I decided to use Splat because that's the most readily available brand in your neighborhood drugstore.
Begin by making sure to wear stylist gloves (they come with your hair dye), a raggedy old T-shirt, and a towel on your shoulders for good measure. Then in a bowl, mix the Shimmering Conditioning Developer Crème (2) with the Aromatic Shimmer Serum (3).
Now, for the color!
Add about a tablespoon of Splat blue dye as well as the Féria Shimmering Conditioning Colour Gel (1). Mix thoroughly!
You'll have a sparkly dye that looks like this. Now apply to your hair according to the instructions that came with the Féria dye.

*Tip: Blue dye will run almost every time you wash your hair but this is completely normal. I haven't had the color stain my towels but in case this happens the first few washes, set aside a dark or old towel for your hair.

Most importantly, have fun and enjoy your new look for the holidays!

Writer: Princess
Photographer: Princess
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment