Print

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Fashion Friday: Sun Kissed Summer Makeup Tutorial


Seeking that warm summer glow to go with your perfect beach tan?
This simple tutorial is here for you just in time for 4th of July.

Yeah, I know it's not Friday yet but it's been awhile and I figured this look would be just right for 4th of July.
I am also going to do this tutorial in a different fashion than I normally do, just to try something new.
SKIN
First powder your skin with a powder foundation (Faceshop Phytogenic Infinite Powder Foundation NB25). Then contour your cheeks and sides of your nose with powder bronzer (Wet n Wild Color Icon Bronzer 739). To highlight the center of the nose and brow bone, blend in a light eyeliner or foundation (Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner Alpine).
For the sun kissed look, blend with your fingers an orange pink tint blush (NYX Rouge Cream Blush Tickled CB13) across your cheeks and the bridge of your nose. 
To create an even more authentic look, use a brown eyeliner (E.L.F. Brightening Eyeliner Coffee) to create freckles across your nose and cheeks. Lightly pat the freckles into the blush with your finger for a more natural appearance.
 EYES
Take a golden rose eye shadow or eyeliner and smudge it onto the lid of your eye, stopping where you can feel the top of your eye socket. Next line the crease of your eye and lower lash line with a maroon or burgundy eyeliner. I used my Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeliner Brandy Wine for both steps (I truly love this eyeliner; I use it for everything and it's only 99 cents). Now sharpen your look by creating a small wing under the maroon tint eyeliner with a black eyeliner (Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Black). Use the same black eyeliner to carefully create a thin line under your lash line. Brighten your waterline with a white eyeliner. (Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner Alpine)
Want a little more 'spark' for your 4th of July look? Add some glitter gold eye shadow (NYX Glitterati Glitter Cream Palette) to make those eyes POP!
For strong brows, use a brow liner (NYX AUTO Eyebrow Pencil Medium Brown 03) to create a solid, squarer brow shape along your existing brows.
 LIPS
Because soft lips are important, first moisturize your lips (Maybellene Baby Lips Dr Rescue Coral Crave 55). For a summer-y fun vibe, use a red-orange or coral lipstick. I used NYX Matte Lipstick Indie Flick 05 and I am really impressed with this product. I bought it on whim at the drugstore since it was only $5.99 and I have to say the color is vibrant and true to its 'Matte' name, it applies smooth, and does not make my lips feel really dry. Great buy for a great price.
For a kissable shine, apply a clear or light gloss. I used my favorite gloss, INGLOT AMC Lip Gloss 543. I love it for its super cool holographic sheen and great 'juicy' coverage.
Set your look with a finishing spray (Urban Decay's De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray) and you're covered all day- from fun in the sun to 4th of July fireworks at night.
For more tips to make your makeup last the summer heat, check out Princess's tutorial HERE.
To make your own thorn and rose flower crown, check out my other tutorial HERE.
Stay cool, my lovelies!

Writer: Potato
Photographer: Potato
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment